*Budget 2019 Highlights*
1. Mantra of Modi Sarkar: Reform, Perform and Transform
2. Number of Patents issued Tripled since 2014
3. Economy of 5 Trillion US Dollar in few years
4. Emphasis on Inland Cargo
5. 1 Nation 1 Grid Power for affordable Power to States
6. Allocation of Rs. 350 crores loans to MSME’s with 2% subvention to GST registered MSME
7. Upto 1 crore loan to MSME in 59 minutes
8. Proposal of Social Stock Exchange for listing of Social and Charitable organizations
9. Focus: Gaon, Garib and Kisan
10. 75000 entrepreneurs to be trained
11. Jan Jiwan Mission: Har Ghar Jal to all rural households by 2024
12. 9.3 crores toilet constructed since 2014 under Swach Bharat Yojna
13. Propose to National Research Foundation (NRF)
14. Aadhaar for NRI’s with Indian Passport
15. 4 New Embassies to be opened in 2019-20
*Direct and Indirect tax*
1. FM Thanks to honest Tax Payers and responsible citizens
2. Direct tax revenue increased to 11.37 lakh crores
3. *Corporate Tax- Tax Rate of 25% on Companies with turnover of upto Rs. 400 crores. This will cover 99.3 % companies.*
4. *GST rate reduced on electric vehicle from 12% to 5%.*
5. *Tax deduction on loan taken for purchase of electric vehicle:* Additional Income tax deduction of Rs. 1.5 lakh of interest on loan taken for purchase of electric vehicle.
6. Start up’s would not be require Scrutiny by IT Department.
7. *Additional deduction* of *Rs. 1.5 lakh* for *interest on loans borrowed for housing*
8. *STT* change in case of Options
9. *Interchangeability of PAN and Aadhaar* for Income Tax Returns.
10. Faceless E-assessment for Tax Scrutiny
11. *TDS of 2% on cash withdrawal exceeding Rs. 1 cr. from a Bank account per year*.
12. No charges for customer on Digital modes of payment.
13. Propose to *enhance surcharge on taxable income of Rs. 2 to 5 cr*.
14. Automated GST refund system to be initiated
15. Custom duty raised on Auto Parts and CCTV’s
16. 5% Custom duty increased on imported books
17. Increase of custom duty on Gild
18. Decrease of excise duty on petrol