Important points of Annual General Meeting:-
- All the companies are required to convene Annual General Meeting in every year except One Person Company.
- The very First Annual General Meeting should be held within a period of nine (9) months from the end of first Financial Year after its incorporation.
- Subsequent all Annual General Meeting after first AGM should be held within a period of Six months from the end of Financial Year.
- Every Annual General Meeting should be held during business hours on any day except national holiday.
- Annual General Meeting should be held either at the registered office or any place within the city, town or village where such registered office is situated
- In case of unlisted company Annual General Meeting in any place other than in India if consent of all the members is given to company in advance either by written or through electronic mode.
If any company contravenes the provision of Section 96 of the Companies Act, 2013, the company and every officer of the company who is in default shall be punishable with fine which may extend to one lakh rupees and in the case of a continuing default, with a further fine which may extend to five thousand rupees for every day during which such default continues.